SUMMARY WorthWild provides a platform where certain users ("Project Initiators") run campaigns to fund or support environmental projects by raising money and/or volunteer hours from other users ("Supporters"). Through the Site, email, websites, and other media, the Service makes accessible various content, including but not limited to, videos, photographs, images, artwork, graphics, audio clips, comments, data, text, software, scripts, projects, other material and information, and associated trademarks and copyrightable works (collectively "Content"). Project Initiators, Supporters, and other visitors to users of the Service (all "Users" and each a "User") may have the ability to contribute, add, create, upload, submit, distribute, facilitate the distribution of, collect, post or otherwise make accessible Content. "User Submissions" means any Content Submitted by Users.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND ELIGIBILITY By registering and using the Service in any way, you are agreeing to comply with these Terms. In addition, when using the Service, you agree to abide by any applicable posted rules, policies and guidelines for all WorthWild services, which may change occasionally. If you object to any of the Terms discussed below, your primary option is to discontinue using the service.
By using the Service, you represent and warrant that (1) all information you submit is truthful and accurate; (2) you are 18 years of age or older; and (3) your use of the Service does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your use of the Service may be terminated without warning if we believe you are in violation of any of these conditions. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Service is revoked in those jurisdictions.
CONTENT You understand that all Content posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Service, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. More specifically, you are entirely responsible for all Content that you post, email or otherwise make available via the Service. You understand that WorthWild does not control, and is not responsible for Content made available through the Service, and that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. Furthermore, the WorthWild site and Content available through the Service may contain links to other websites, which are completely independent of WorthWild. WorthWild makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information contained in any such site. Your connecting to any other website is at your own risk. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, that you may not rely on said Content, and that under no circumstances will WorthWild be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise made available via the Service. You acknowledge that WorthWild does not pre-screen or approve Content, but that WorthWild shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Content that is available via the Service, for violating the letter or spirit of the Terms or for any other reason.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT, SITES, AND SERVICES The Site and Content available through the Service may contain features and functionalities that may link you or provide you with access to third party content which is completely independent of WorthWild, including web sites, directories, servers, networks, systems, information and databases, applications, software, programs, products or services, and the Internet as a whole. When you access third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. The inclusion of another website of any link to the Site does not imply endorsement by or affiliation with the Company. You agree that WorthWild shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage related to the use of any content, goods, or services available through any third-party website or business.
PROJECTS: FUNDRAISING, VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AND COMMERCE WorthWild is a platform where Project Initiators run campaigns to fund environmental projects by offering rewards to raise money from Supporters. By creating a fundraising campaign on WorthWild, you as the Project Initiator are offering the public the opportunity to enter into a contract with you. By supporting a fundraising campaign on WorthWild, you as the Supporter accept that offer and the contract between Supporter and Project Initiator is formed. WorthWild is not a party to that agreement between the Supporter and Project Initiator. All dealings are solely between Users.
By backing or creating a fundraising campaign on WorthWild, you agree to be bound by this entire Agreement, including the following terms:
- Project Initiators agree that any and all funds raised on or through the Service will be used for the intended purposes.
- Supporters agree to provide their payment information at the time they pledge to a campaign. For prelaunches, payment will not be collected until the prelaunch becomes an initiative. For Fixed Campaigns, payment will be collected at or after the campaign deadline and only if the amount of money pledged as of the deadline is at least equal to the fundraising goal. For Flexible Campaigns, payment will be collected at or after the time of payment, regardless of the fundraising goal. The amount Supporters pledge is the amount they will be charged.
- Supporters consent to WorthWild and its payments partners authorizing or reserving a charge on their payment card or other payment method for any amount up to the full pledge at any time between the pledge and collection of the funds.
- Supporters agree to have sufficient funds or credit available at the time of collection to ensure that the pledge will be collectible.
- The Estimated Delivery Date listed on each reward is not a promise to fulfill by that date, but is merely an estimate of when the Project Initiator hopes to fulfill by.
- Project Initiators agree to make a good faith attempt to fulfill each reward by its Estimated Delivery Date.
- For all campaigns, WorthWild gives to the Project Initiator each Supporter's User name (if the User is signed in when they pledge), pledge amount, and email.
- For some rewards, the Project Initiator needs further information from Supporters, such as a mailing address or t-shirt size, to enable the Project Initiator to deliver the rewards. The Project Initiator shall request the information directly from Supporters at some point after the fundraising campaign is successful. To receive the reward, Supporters agree to provide the requested information to the Project Initiator within a reasonable amount of time.
- WorthWild does not offer refunds. A Project Initiator is not required to grant a Supporter's request for a refund unless the Project Initiator is unable or unwilling to fulfill the reward.
- Project Initiators are required to fulfill all rewards of their successful fundraising campaigns or refund any Supporter whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill.
- Project Initiators may cancel or refund a Supporter's pledge at any time and for any reason, and if they do so, are not required to fulfill the reward.
- Because of occasional failures of payments from Supporters, WorthWild cannot guarantee the receipt by Project Initiators of the amount pledged minus fees.
- WorthWild and its payments partners will remove their fees before transmitting proceeds of a campaign. Fees may vary depending on region and other factors.
- Supporters are solely responsible for determining the tax deductibility of any contribution.
- WorthWild reserves the right to delay, withhold, or cancel a pledge at any time and for any reason.
- WorthWild reserves the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend a campaign at any time and for any reason. WorthWild is not liable for any damages as a result of any of those actions.
- WorthWild is not responsible for Project Initiators' use of Campaign Feedback. Project Initiators use campaign feedback at their own risk.
- Project Initiators should not take any action in reliance on having their project posted on the Site or having any of the money pledged until they have the ability to withdraw and spend the money. There may be a delay between the end of a successful fundraising campaign and access to the funds.
WorthWild is not liable for any damages or loss incurred related to rewards or any other use of the Service. WorthWild is under no obligation to become involved in disputes between any Users, or between Users and any third party arising in connection with the use of the Service. This includes, but is not limited to, delivery of goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with campaigns on the Site. WorthWild does not oversee the performance or punctuality of projects. The Company does not endorse any User Submissions. You release WorthWild, its officers, employees, agents, and successors in rights from claims, damages, and demands of every kind, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and the Service.
PROJECTS WorthWild does not oversee the performance or punctuality of projects. The Company does not endorse any User Submissions. If there is a dispute between participants on the Site, or between Users and any third-party, you understand and agree that WorthWild is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other Users, you hereby release WorthWild, its officers, employees, agents, investors and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and or our service.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY By Submitting User Submissions on the Site or otherwise through the Service, you agree to the following terms:
- The Company will not have any ownership rights over your User Submissions. However, the Company needs the following license to perform and market the Service on your behalf and on behalf of its other Users and itself. You grant to the Company the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right to (and to allow others acting on its behalf to) (i) use, edit, modify, prepare derivative works of, reproduce, host, display, stream, transmit, playback, transcode, copy, feature, market, sell, distribute, and otherwise fully exploit your User Submissions and your trademarks, service marks, slogans, logos, and similar proprietary rights (collectively, the "Trademarks") in connection with (a) the Service, (b) the Company's (and its successors' and assigns') businesses, (c) promoting, marketing, and redistributing part or all of the Site (and derivative works thereof) or the Service in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third-party websites); (ii) take whatever other action is required to perform and market the Service; (iii) allow its Users to stream, transmit, playback, download, display, feature, distribute, collect, and otherwise use the User Submissions and Trademarks in connection with the Service; and (iv) use and publish, and permit others to use and publish, the User Submissions, Trademarks, names, likenesses, and personal and biographical materials of you and the members of your group, in connection with the provision or marketing of the Service. The foregoing license grant to the Company does not affect your other ownership or license rights in your User Submissions, including the right to grant additional licenses to your User Submissions.
- You are publishing your User Submission, and you may be identified publicly by your name or User ID in association with your User Submission.
- You grant to each User a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Service, and to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions solely for personal, non- commercial use.
- You further agree that your User Submissions will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant WorthWild all of the license rights granted herein.
- The use or other exploitation of User Submissions by the Company and Users as contemplated by this Agreement will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including without limitation any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- The Company shall have the right to delete, edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, or translate any of your User Submissions.
- All information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Site is the sole responsibility of the person from which that content originated.
- The Company will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any Content.
- The Company cannot guarantee the identity of any other Users with whom you may interact while using the Service.
- All Content you access through the Service is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any resulting damage or loss to any party.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, WorthWild has adopted a policy of, in appropriate circumstances, terminating User accounts that are repeat infringers of the intellectual property rights of others. WorthWild also may terminate User accounts even based on a single infringement.
NOTIFICATION OF CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please notify WorthWild for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement, at: info@WorthWild.com
RESTRICTED ITEMS While using the Site, you will not:
- post content or items in an inappropriate category or areas on the Site;
- violate any federal or state, third party rights, or our stated policies;
- fail to deliver payment for items borrowed by you, unless the lender has materially changed the item's description after you confirmed, a clear typographical error is made, or you cannot authenticate the lender's identity;
- fail to deliver items loaned from you, unless the borrower fails to meet the posted terms, or you cannot authenticate the borrower's identity;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content (including personal information);
- take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of the Site or for using it for purposes unrelated to WorthWild);
- transfer your WorthWild account (including feedback) and User ID to another party without our consent;
- distribute or post spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm WorthWild, or the interests or property of WorthWild users;
- copy, modify, or distribute content from the Site and WorthWild's copyrights and trademarks; or
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent.
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other right of any other person or entity, or violates any law or contract;
- you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, tortious, obscene, offensive, profane, or invasive of another's privacy;
- constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit, or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information of the Company or any third party;
- is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of the Company.
Additionally, you shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by the Company in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Company's or its third-party providers' infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; (iii) bypass any measures the Company may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Service); (iv) run Maillist, Listserv, or any form of auto-responder or "spam" on the Service; or (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any page of the Site.
You shall not directly or indirectly: (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service, except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction; (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service; or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations.
Project Initiators agree to not abuse other users' personal information. Abuse is defined as using personal information for any purpose other than those explicitly specified in the Project Initiator's Project, or is not related to fulfilling delivery of a product or service explicitly specified in the Project Initiator's Project.
LIMITATIONS ON SERVICE You acknowledge that WorthWild may establish limits concerning use of the Service, including the maximum number of days that Content will be retained by the Service, the maximum number and size of postings, email messages, or other Content that may be transmitted or stored by the Service, and the frequency with which you may access the Service. You agree that WorthWild has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content maintained or transmitted by the Service. You acknowledge that WorthWild reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice, and that WorthWild shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
You acknowledge that WorthWild will not be responsible for soliciting for, managing or supervising the fundraising campaign that you have created. You further acknowledge that WorthWild is only providing the opportunity for you to realize your vision by furnishing you with the platform and technology required. All such services are being provided by WorthWild as a vendor for services only.
ACCESS TO THE SERVICE AND INTERFERENCE WorthWild grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive, nonsublicensable, and nontransferable license to access the Service for your own personal use. This license does not include any collection, aggregation, copying, duplication, display or derivative use of the Service nor any use of data mining, robots, spiders, or similar data gathering and extraction tools for any purpose unless expressly permitted by WorthWild. A limited exception is provided to general purpose internet search engines and non-commercial public archives that use such tools to gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to the Service, provided they each do so from a stable IP address or range of IP addresses using an easily identifiable agent and comply with our robots.txt file. "General purpose internet search engine" does not include a website or search engine or other service that specializes in classified listings or in any subset of classifieds listings such as jobs, housing, for sale, services, or personals, or which is in the business of providing classified ad listing services.
Use of the Service beyond the scope of authorized access granted to you by WorthWild immediately terminates said permission or license.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE WORTHWILD SITE AND THE SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WORTHWILD SITE AND THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" OR "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WORTHWILD DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE WORTHWILD SITE AND THE SERVICE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WORTHWILD DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR OTHER SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE WORTHWILD SITE OR THE SITES OR SERVICE, OR ACCESSED THROUGH ANY LINKS ON THE WORTHWILD SITE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WORTHWILD DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE WORTHWILD SITE OR THE SERVICE. THE COMPANY MAKES NO GUARANTY OF CONFIDENTIALITY OR PRIVACY OF COMMUNICATION OR INFORMATION TRANSMITTED ON THE SITE OR ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO THE SITE. THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE PRIVACY OF EMAIL ADDRESSES, REGISTRATION AND INDENTIFICATION INFORMATION, DISK SPACE, TRADE-SECRET INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER CONTENT STORED ON THE COMPANY'S EQUIPMENT, TRANSMITTED OVER NETWORKS ACCESSED BY THE SITE, OR OTHERWISE CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF SERVICE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WORTHWILD BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF WORTHWILD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF YOUR USE OF THE WORTHWILD SITE OR THE SERVICE, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF THE WORTHWILD SITE OR THE SERVICE, FROM INABILITY TO USE THE WORTHWILD SITE OR THE SERVICE, OR THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, MODIFICATION, ALTERATION, OR TERMINATION OF THE WORTHWILD SITE OR THE SERVICE. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF OTHER SERVICES OR PRODUCTS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR THE SERVICE OR ANY LINKS ON THE SITE, AS WELL AS BY REASON OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR THE SERVICE OR ANY LINKS ON THE SITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In some jurisdictions, limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.
DISCLAIMER CONCERNING TAX DEDUCTIBILITY WorthWild makes no representation as to whether all or any portion of your donations, including, if any, processing fees (collectively "Donations") are tax deductible. WorthWild will have no liability for any claim by any federal, state, local or any other tax authority with respect to the characterization on any applicable tax return of any Donation by you or any User. You should consult your tax advisor as to the amount of your Donation that is tax deductible, if any.
GENERAL INFORMATION The Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and WorthWild and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and WorthWild. The Terms and the relationship between you and WorthWild shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and WorthWild agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The failure of WorthWild to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the Terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
FEEDBACK We welcome your questions and comments on this document. You can email us at info@WorthWild.com.
PROPRIETARY RIGHTS The Service is protected to the maximum extent permitted by copyright laws and international treaties. Content displayed on or through the Service is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws, and international conventions. Any reproduction, modification, creation of derivative works from or redistribution of the site or the collective work, and/or copying or reproducing the sites or any portion thereof to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is prohibited without the express written consent of WorthWild. You further agree not to reproduce, duplicate or copy Content from the Service without the express written consent of WorthWild, and agree to abide by any and all copyright notices displayed on the Service. You may not decompile or disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any aspect of the Service.
4823-5842-3061, v. 1